E. starts back to school today. We've e-mailed the teacher to introduce ourselves, since we don't get to his school much. It's on the other side of the city, unfortunately a little far for just a hop-skip-and-jump visit. I can't wait to hear how his first day of second grade went!
I had a test of my own today, as well. Those of you who read the whopping three posts at my other site will remember that today was my OGTT. I'm pretty sure that I can say I failed. According to my glucometer, which I smartly took with me, my fasting blood sugar was 110. That's already one strike. My 1 hour sample, again, according to my meter, was 211! The rest were normal, but it doesn't matter. The first two were enough to win me a diagnosis of impaired glucose tolerance, or... wait for it... insulin resistance.
I guess that RE that told me that she didn't think I was insulin resistant was mistaken, huh?
Happy 17th Birthday, Kid
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment